Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 12. Same Sex Marriage



Today I went to my cousin Rebecca’s and her partner Cat’s wedding. And in all honesty, it was really powerful.

The love they had for each other was amazing.

I’ve never cried at a wedding before,

but at this one I did.

And I think I know why.

In my opinion, a wedding between a man and a woman is so cliché.

Now, I’m not saying GO LESBIAN! Cause it’s the cool thing to do!


But I don’t think people should be ashamed of being gay/lesbian.

I’ve never heard wedding vows like they did.

I’ve never seen two people look at each other the way they did.

That my friends, is what I call love.

P.S I’m watching the news right now, and it said the Governor is changing his mind-he says that the state should start performing same sex marriage :]

I believe that everyone deserves the right to marry WHO they want to.

If you love someone, you should have the right to make it legal.

Just because most people are “traditional”, doesn’t mean that there is room for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment